- Business Travel Per-Diem Rates Updated – The new rates are in effect from Oct. 1, 2021, to Sept. 30, 2022.
- Claiming the Employee Retention Credit for Q3 & Q4, 2021 Notice 2021-49
- July 13: IRS readies nearly 4 million refunds for unemployment compensation overpayments
- July 8: The first advance child tax credit payments begin arriving in mid-July 2021, unless you opt-out. Here are the implications and why they might not make sense for you.
- June 28: Businesses severely impacted by COVID-19 may qualify for these new, employer tax credits
- June 22: Families can now opt-out of advance monthly child tax credit payments starting July 15
- May 20: IRS begins correcting tax returns for unemployment compensation income exclusion
- May 17: Monthly Child Care Tax Credits Begin
- May 14: IRS begins correcting tax returns for unemployment compensation income exclusion
- March 25: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) application deadline extended to May 31, 2021.
- March 17: Treasury and IRS extend individual tax return filing and payment deadline to May 17. Both individual federal and state filings are now May 17. However, all other April 15 deadlines are still intact.
- March 11: The American Rescue Plan (ARP) offers provisions to help taxpayers as we continue to recover from the pandemic.
- February 19: IRS Statement about CP59 notices.
- February 5: PA Gov. Tom Wolf signs $912 million COVID-19 relief bill
- February 5: Eligible educators may deduct personal protective equipment expenses.
- January 15: Beginning of Tax Season delayed until February 12
- January 8: The New Round Of PPP Loans (Round 2)
- January 1: State Tax Changes
- January 1: Meal Expense Deduction 2021